6.12.15

Long fringed vest styled two ways

Earthy brown dress worn with long fringed vest and mustard tights

This long fringed vest is one of my recent "trendy" purchases and I bought it having in mind particularly this earthy brown dress. I have owned the dress for some time and started to get a little bored to wear it on its own. What I wanted was a new piece of clothing that could be added to it to create a different look. And when I saw the vest I knew that was it. It is made of soft velvety fabric that looks and feels like suede. I like the ornamental detail in a contrasting colour too.

Earthy brown dress worn with long fringed vest and mustard tights

My chunky shoes are in same colour as the vest but the tights I chose to wear with the look are in mustard yellow, which is complementing both to the earthy brown and dark olive green and at the same time creates a nice contrast with the bluish detail on the vest. The only accessory I'm wearing here is metallic fish necklace

Metallic fish necklace

But of course, most often this kind of vest is paired not with a dress but with pants. And here is my second look, more predictable but at the same time more colourful. I wore the vest over an orange top and rusty orange skinnies. The shoes are same but there are more accessories.

Dark olive green fringed vest with rusty orange skinnies

Lacquered coconut ring and earrings, orange fish necklace

I really like both looks

Dark olive fringed vest worn over a dress
Dress - from Belarus, vest - local market in Kathmandu, shoes - Bentley, fish necklace - Mango

Long fringed vest worn over skinny jeans
Skinnies - 109F, orange top - Bossini, shoes - Bentley, fish necklace - local market in Kathmandu, earrings and ring - from Vietnam 

Linking up with Patti's Visible Monday and Jess's Turning Heads Tuesday
Have a nice day!



14 comments:

  1. WOW!! I really like both looks too, Olga! I bought a black faux suede vest in Berlin which seems to be the same fabric as yours ...

    https://fashionableover50.wordpress.com/2015/10/23/black-faux-suede-fringed-vest/

    ♥ carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish necklaces both time! I love it :) So gorgeous in both outfits. I like the vivid color of #2 but those mustard tights make me pick #1 as the winner. I hope you will be kind enough to show them again, perhaps with a very short dress and shoeless. That would be ideal ;) The vest itself is a lovely piece and I can see you using it for many great looks! Happy Monday dear

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your outfits...and both of your fish neclaces.I think you styled both of these outfits brilliantly! You look divine dear Olga.

    That first dress I really like and it is a great pairing with this dress. Your colourful tights are a great pop of colour and the metallic fish necklace is amazing. Such a feminine and beautiful outfit!

    The second outfit is also fantastic. You know I love red! Great pants...and that vest is wonderfully paired with the red jumper and pants. You remind me of a Native Indian here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love those boots, and your awesome jewelry too, Olga. You always look stylish and so lovely!

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both outfits, especially the tights and shoes. Your nail polish is one of my favourite colours as well. I'm just experimenting wearing skinnies as I've got big feet and skinny legs and if I am not careful can look like i've got club feet haha x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely outfits, styled to perfection! You've just reminded me that I've got a pair of mustard tights I'd forgotten all about. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both looks showing the versatility of the vest. And I really like the detailing on the vest too; very unusual! As always such striking jewellery you've chosen.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Olga, Thanks for stopping by to say hello. The fringe, mustard and orange all apppeal to my 1970's heart. Both outfits are smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cool vest. It's unique & can stand alone but it still can be paired with a multitude of things. Great outfit. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fringed vest adds so much interest to both outfits, either dressed up or more casual. I am sure this vest will be a valuable asset to your wardrobe. Love your necklace collection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have such gorgeous jewellery. That ring is amazing with its inlay.
    I like both outfits, but perhaps the first a touch more because it is less predictable. Loving those boots!
    Once more you nailed it my dear. Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are both very nice! And I think you have chosen the most beautiful nail polish and lipstick to match to the outfits... an orange red which is great!
    My favourite necklace is the red one with the fish:sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello from Spain: great look. I just discovered your blog and I like the variety of topics that you write. Fashion and beauty are my hobbies with my Barbie doll collection. Right now I have a blog dedicated to those dolls that I invite you to visit: http://all4barbie.blogspot.com.es/ If you want we keep in touch. I already made me a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both ways and espceially the colors you paired, mustard and orange. You have a great selection of unique and pretty jewelry too Olga,love it!
    Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete