23.11.14

"Black-and-white jungle" button down dress

Black button down dress with jungle animals print worn over white skinny jeans

I bought this black button down dress because of its print: simply fall in love with those animals drawn in tribal style. There are variety of them: crocodiles, lions, monkeys, deer, goats. Finally it's getting autumny here too and it's about the time to wear long-sleeved clothes. I decided to be all black-and white and so I teamed the dress with white skinnies and black shoes. The bag too has black-and-white zebra pattern. I wore this ensemble to the last week's International Food Festival. For such a foody like me it is a perfect event to be able to enjoy different countries' cuisine in one place.

Jungle animals print close up

Enjoying Japanese cabbage pancake
Here I am enjoying the Japanese cabbage pancake

Japanese cabbage pancakes
Japanese cabbage pancakes

Sake
Sake, I am not a big fan of it

Black button down dress over white skinny jeans
I preferred a glass of Irish mulled wine along with a piece of Shepard's pie  

There was food from 13 countries, not possible to try everything of course. I chose those dishes that I had not tried before or those that looked too much appealing

Colourful Mughlai kebabs
As it turns out kebabs can look so colourful (Mughlai cuisine)

Making momos (dumplings)
Making momos (dumplings), one of the most popular dishes in Nepal

Serving food
These guys are preparing traditional dishes of Switzerland. I tried their Geschnetzeltes and one of the cakes. Yum! 

Swiss cakes
Swiss truffle cake, it tasted amazing

Enjoying Kerala cuisine
Though there are plenty of Indian restaurants in Kathmandu but none serves traditional Kerala dishes. So, couldn't resist to try their coin paratha with coconut chiken curry.

A waitress

People enjoying food

Making cocktails

Girl enjoying her food

Fooling around

Black button down dress worn over white skinny jeans
Button down dress - local,  skinnies - Oasis, shoes - Bentley, bag - Weng

Taking part in Patti's Visible Monday and Sacramento's Share-in-Style: Black and White 
Have a nice day!

19 comments:

  1. Love the ethnic designs on the tunic!!! This monochromatic style suits you, plus it shows off your lovely hair colour too!!!!:) the food festival looks fun with lots of yummy food! Glad you enjoyed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool day out. South Indian food is my favourite (vegetarian style)!
    Love the zoo print tunic. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dress is very cute! Such a fun pattern. Отлично проводите время, молодцы!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Olga, you are making me so hungry! The dress is wonderful, great take on a black and white theme. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Olga. I like this look very much. I am going to start looking in the dresses section for items I could wear over jeans or as a duster type jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great look - tunic over skinnies - and you look so lovely! Now I am hungry, too : > Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the animal print...especially because it is done in tribal style- the animals look so cute<3
    the white jeans are a great choice...and I like the sandals...and that zebra bag!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. btw I'm a foodie to...would love to visit a festival like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect dress for an international food festival. Your pictures are gorgeous. I'm going to go make myself a sandwich now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic animal print, I love it!
    I think I would enjoy sampling some of the food at the festival too. I can't believe there was an Irish pub - no wait, I can, they are everywhere! But really, they should be serving Guinness, not mulled wine. And now I am feeling hungry! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful tunic, I love the print.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, dear Olga and thank you for #bloggersharingstyle with all of us
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to go stop and eat something before I could comment! Love your travel posts, but food posts make me so ready for something different than our usual fare, here! Sigh.
    Could you be any cuter? I don't think so. Wonderful, and the look with your whites is so evocative of your locale , but so far away with the print ... GREAT stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tunic is wonderful, such a great print.The food festival looks such fun and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that printed designs on her tunic and that bag is also looks perfect for this dress..
    Jaslynn, Bizbilla B2B portal

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello again dear Olga, please don´t forget to vote tomorrow for your favourite look tomorrow ( Rosy and I are not included in the voting. This is all about you all)
    Tons of kisses
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. That tunic will be so versatile, just like my navy linen one. I love the skinnies brightening up the look. But my run away favourite is the shiny bag! Gorgeous! How do you stay so tiny when you like food so much :-) xo JJ

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look amazing in that dress. Perfect styling!

    Jasmine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Selecting a CrossFit gym involves considering factors such as coaching staff, equipment, class size, and convenience. Supplementing your workouts with appropriate nutrition can also make a huge difference. You can explore the range of fitness supplements you can read more about, which offers a comprehensive selection designed to support different training needs, including those specific to CrossFit training.

    ReplyDelete