13.6.17

Embassy reception look

Karen Millen formal dress
When we were invited to the Russian embassy reception to celebrate Russia's independence day I thought about wearing this dress straight away. My daughter brought it to me in February and I hadn't had a chance to wear it yet. It's elegant and beautiful, made from satin and decorated with embroidery. But the main thing in such type of dresses is a fit because if it's wrong it will not look good. And what can I say? This dress fits me perfectly, as if it was made for me.

Reception open shoulders purple dress

I accessorized the dress with a sparkling necklace and an evening bag decorated with glass beads embroidery. At first I thought about covering my shoulders with a shawl but left it at home after all, it was too hot for any shawl no matter how light and beautiful.

Reception formal dress with a shawl over shoulders

Strappy stilettos completed my reception look

Formal satin dress worn with strappy stilettos dress - Karen Millen, stilettos - Pura Lopez, necklace - Monsoon, evening bag - Faye London

Linking up with Jess' Turning Heads Tuesday

Reception look: open shoulder dress, necklace, shawl
Have a nice day!

You might also like



5 comments:

  1. Oh Olga, you look stunning!! Absolutely perfect on you, the whole Embassy turned their heads I bet! :) Your accessorizing is, as always, right on point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What a stunning look!!! The dress does fit you perfectly!!! That tiny waist!!! Looking very glamorous and elegant and chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olga, this dress on you is a head turner! The color and design is gorgeous and the fit is sensational!! Your accessories match perfectly too.. I always love a deep purple.
    Thanks for linking with Turning Heads Tuesday
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! You look absolutely gorgeous Olga! The statement necklace goes so well with the embroidery in the dress. Love the mermaid-style hem.

    ❤️carmen

    https://fashionableover50.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete