6.1.20

Winter festive: velvet and metal thread

festive outfit embellished velvet jacket with maxi skirt

So, the major winter festivals - Christmas and New Year - are over. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. And today I want to share with you my festive outfits. A bit late, maybe, but it's better late than never.
We had a Christmas eve dinner at a rather posh place, so I had to look glamorous and elegant and festive. So, I thought that my embellished velvet jacket would be quite the right choice for such an occasion. It looks beautiful and rich and where else I could possibly wear it if not to a posh restaurant.

ted baker embellished velvet jacket, beaded clutch

Did you know? In 2000 BC Cairo was a production hub of velvet, creating the textile for royalty and the very wealthy. It took such a long time to produce that it was incredibly expensive, making it a very high-end luxury good.


embellished velvet jacket worn with silky maxi skirt

At first I was thinking of pairing the jacket with black silk trousers but in the end I chose a garnet red maxi skirt instead. Underneath the jacket I wore a black velour top. A sparkly black beaded necklace, Swarovski swan earrings and a beaded clutch completed my Christmas look.

embellished velvet jacket, velour top and beaded necklace

Swarovski swan earrings

Now, let's have a look at my New Year party outfit. Those who are interested in horoscopes know that 2020 is the Year of Metal Rat. I always check recommendations on what to wear for welcoming a new year according to Chinese horoscope. Not that I believe in this stuff but I find it fun to read and to try finding something suitable in my wardrobe. So, for the Year of Metal Rat they recommended to wear something metallic, obviously....jewelry or a textile with a metallic thread.

party outfit metal thread skirt and top

And yes, just last summer I bought an interesting evening skirt. One layer is a short velvet skirt, then there is another layer of spider web-like silvery metal thread fabric over it. This layer looks so festive and so beautiful. So, I thought that would be perfect for the party.

evening wear spider web-like metal thread skirt

Did you know? Precious metals have been used for the decoration of textiles since ancient times. The first written record about the use of gold wires and strips for the decoration of textiles comes from the Bible. The earliest known evidence of metal thread textile was found in a Macedonian royal tomb. It is dated from the 4th century BC


evening wear silver metal thread skirt and top and chunky necklace

The top I wore with the skirt also has a silver metal thread in it. The two were as if made for each others. To give the outfit even more new year-ish vibe I accessorized it with a chunky necklace. I found it in a local boutique, it looks stunning and it's really hard to believe that it cost me a penny.

chunky evening necklace

vintage vibe chunky evening necklace

As it was rather cold at the place we were going to celebrate I wore a white fur jacket. And so, that was my New Year party look.

evening outfit sparkly skirt, metal thread top and white fur jacketMetal thread greyish top - Esprit, evening skirt - Elema, white fur jacket - Ted Baker, shoes - Bentley, necklace - local boutique

Embellished velvet jacket - Ted Baker, maxi skirt - local boutique,necklace - Lovisa, white fur jacket - Ted Baker, beaded clutch - Accessorise 

Have a nice day!

7 comments:

  1. Wow ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ 2 beautiful and different looks!!! That velvet jacket is stunning and lools even more great with that burgundy maxi skirt!!! That loom turned out very Christmassy indeed and also very glamorous!!! Love that flowery clutch too!!! The 2nd look is beautiful too!!! I like how you checked interesting information about the Chinese Zodiac and dressed in the theme!!! That skirt is stunning! Very unique find and it goes perfectly with that silvery top!!! Love the necklace too!!! Both lools turned out amazing, one more warm colours ans other more coller tones hehe hope you had a lovely holiday season!!! Ps. Loved the interesting information about velvet and using metal in fabrics ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

    ReplyDelete
  2. Headed for the beach and confused about what to wear? Well, your search has 1 answer – womens long board shorts. Wear these and see how smoothly they fit you, allowing total ease of movement. Swim, run, play or lounge around – they are the perfect partner for an active or lazy day spent on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently quickly. Burgundy prom dresses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one! Thank you for sharing such an amazing post I found it really very useful and interesting.

    Just Fashion Now Discount Codes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Choose the right legwear for relaxed comfort - flece sweatpants

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for share this information its really informative for all.
    Vip Table Booking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing to kick off the day like Casual T Shirts For Men - just right in cut, style and superb design

    ReplyDelete